Sunday, April 13, 2008

Who is this girl?


Do you recognize her? It's Sydney! She had a couple of changes to her appearance this weekend. First the summer cut. Cousin Jenn cut off about 6 inches of hair on Saturday, at Sydney's request. She wanted it to her chin. I think it makes her look older which is very sad for Mom, but it looks so cute on her and she loves it. Plus, no more fighting with horrible tangles after showers and in the morning before school. It will be perfect for summer.


Then Sunday night after we got home from bible study, Corey pulled Sydney's third tooth. The first of the upper front teeth. By the way, Sydney requested Daddy wear the purple glove from the dentist's office. She didn't want to go to bed without pulling it out but as you can see from the video, I think it was a little more "stuck" than she thought. But now she's excited because it's out and the tooth fairy is coming tonight. Although she may be disappointed in the morning, someone at school got a Polly Pocket for their last tooth and Syd's tooth fairy doesn't bring gifts, only a $1 bill...that won't cover a Polly Pocket either.

3 comments:

SquirrelGuirrel said...

This is just phenomenally eerie! Just this morningj, Courtney said, "Mom? I want you to make me two appointments this week. I want my hair cut like Kit's," her American Girl Doll. She's been asking for that for a long time, but I wanted to make sure that's what she wanted, so we've waited. "And I need a dentist appointment. I like the way it makes my teeth feel." That is just the cutest cut on Syd. What a funny coincidence - they'll both have their little bobs for the beach.

SquirrelGuirrel said...

Am I allowed 2 comments? I just watched the video again and had to show my students. Even though they haven't been they easiest group, they have little hearts of gold. They all went, "Awe......" in unison when Sydney's excitement turned to a different emotion. I think we can all identify. How sweet!!! I'm so glad you have that on video.

Mom of 4 Maniacs said...

There's no way i'm watching a tooth pulling video.
Hope it worked out.