Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hannah's One!



Well as if the Christmas time isn't busy enough already adding a birthday in there doesn't make it any easier. As you can see from my belated post, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. Hopefully next year I will be a little more prepared. Hannah had a small party at our house. I think she had fun overall until we started singing Happy Birthday, something about the entire focus of attention on her singing...maybe not so in tune, directly at her was not her idea of fun. You can see from the video she literally wanted to crawl over the back of her highchair and leave.
It has been a crazy busy time of year but more importantly it's been a very happy and great time. Spending time with and seeing family and friends that we haven't seen in a while. I just love this time of year! I have taken some advice from people who have "close to Christmas birthdays" for Hannah such as no Christmas/Birthday combination presents and no wrapping birthday presents in Christmas wrapping paper, but it really is pretty special having a little one so close to Christmas. I found myself thinking of that a lot this Christmas. One night in particular I was rocking Hannah before bedtime and singing Silent Night to her. I found myself thinking of Mary and how she must have rocked Baby Jesus to sleep while singing when He was just one year old. I thought of the love I have for Hannah and how amazing it feels when she looks in my eyes when I'm holding and singing to her and then I thought of how that feeling must have even been multiplied for Mary. Can you imagine holding God's son in your arms and singing Him to sleep? It truly is an amazing gift!


2 comments:

Missy said...

I am finally able to comment on your blog. You are doing a great job updating it. Keep it up, I love it!

SquirrelGuirrel said...

Wow, Angie. Your girls are so lucky to have a mom who recognizes how precious those moments are. Your words made the tears come!!